I can’t get enough of “Work Bitch.” It took three listens, but I believe the average person takes 7-8 listens just to get through a whole song. It’s a familiarity thing, unless you are fan seeking it out, determined you will love the song. To me, the JT ‘Suit & Tie’ was a grower. People were like, hmm, I’m a crazy fan, I don’t get it. I said, just chill, it’s going to take time, JT experiments and he is a true artist. His songs are not the normal 2:30 of perfect radio confection like in the N’Sync days. And look how you were all singing ‘Suit & Tie’, so to my friend Red in Ireland, Britney might not be your cup of tea, but I’ve been there supporting her professionally since the beginning and I am an actual huge fan.
This IS Britney’s best video in years. She looks more than present, she is running the show again. Her moves are not mechanical but all out and, come on, there are some hammerhead sharks (I don’t care if they are CGI it f’in rocks!!!!).
Time to get to work dancing:
I’m going to just throw a bunch of thoughts out there on entertainment I’ve been consuming. Sometimes an entire post analyzing an episode of women yelling at each other and acting like fools while wielding Louis Vuitton (insert any Real Housewives of…. series) handbags while they talk trash gets repetitive. So here we go!
1) Justin Timberlake’s new video for “Tunnel Vision” has been called Part Two of Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines”- which is funny since they get compared all the time. For ‘Tunnel Vision’ the debate for me on my favorite moment is J. Timberlake’s saggy khakis (does he want an ad campaign for The Gap?!) or when he plays ‘air violin’:
My favorite part of Robin’s “Blurred Lines” is the actually song because the models don’t seem to have any rhythm which makes them a detraction for me not a naughty enhancement. You decide for yourselves:
I read an article that said misogyny is back citing the Yeezus album (*I only made it through track 8 and was still annoyed he left his preggo lady during a rough pregnancy to make an album that is this lame– honey the sweet & sour line is not only racist, and juvenile it’s weak), and sthe ‘Blurred Lines’ video. The song is hot, but I’m not in love with the video yet it’s not as disturbing as watching Hannah on HBO’s GIRLS bouncing up and down to make her boobs flop as she yells at her best friend for being a selfish biatch in a yellow fishnet tank top during a cocaine experiment. The moving mannequins models’ lack of rhythm is jarring and makes me long for *N Sync. I chose, instead to visualize The Rock’s video on Instagram of him working out to ‘Blurred Lines’ and looking at the camera singing ‘you the hottest bitch in this place’ – why thank you Dwayne, you’re not so bad yourself!
Things that make my eardrums wanna hit repeat until the sun goes down and then comes back on up again:
1. Gorillaz “Stylo” – if you haven’t seen this video, in the lyrics of Gwen Stefani ‘whatcha waiting for? tick tock tick tock’ because not only has the animation for Gorillaz surpassed itself yet again, one badass mofo named Bruce Willis plays a bounty hunter trying to take them down.
2. Timberland featuring JT “Carry Out” — yeah, I know this has been out for a while but I’m still obsessed with it. Keep the Tim & JT franchise nice and fresh. The “featuring” part of songs always makes me laugh when the person singing 90-100% of the song. Tim & JT are having a lot of fun here together. If this was a JT video he would be full out dancing instead of ‘cool, rap guy’ dancing to let Tim be able to have a little shine too. Love it.
3. Penguin Prison –Worse It Gets (RAC Mix)— if you didn’t get the hint by now, this is a grrl who likes to dance and I love a fun remix. You can stream it or YouTube it (just a static pic.)
4. Sean Price feat. Big Twinz “That’s What We Want” some old school type hip, a hip to the hippity hop.
5. Chain Gang of 1974 “Stop!” makes me feel like I’m in a dreamy Sunday wandering around the streets of Manhattan carrying a Bloody Mary. Suddenly I stop….to watch some street dancers, then wander along into a bookstore and read bits of all the best sellers …until it’s time to stop….and go back outside to see a rainbow. Um, okay I’ll stop now and just do a little impromptu dancing cause this song gets the feet shuffling.
There you have it. I’m sort of in a transitional mood like the seasons so my music taste reflects it at the moment. A little p.s. for my Fashionistas, shoe maven, Christian Louboutin made a dance video his style you can check out only on Fashionair.com . It starts off a little slow (maybe he watched Gaga’s ‘Telephone’ as a reference) and then becomes extremely charming. Oui, oui.